Enough is Enough!
In the famous words of Popeye the Sailor, “I’ve stands all I can stands, and I can’t stands no more!”
I read where we are to pray for our leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-2). I don’t know whether you realize it or not, but there is something important mentioned in verse 2:
- “. . . that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”
I see instead, an escalation of condemnation, bad mouthing, and making jokes among other things about our leader. That’s right, I said “our” leader! Just because some don’t recognize Donald Trump as the President, doesn’t change a thing. He is the legal occupant of the White House and head of the Executive Branch of government. We live in these United States of America, and we have a president as our leader, and he is Donald Trump, and until the next election, he will remain until voted to continue for a second term, or to be replaced!
Was Paul only talking to Timothy? Are the Scriptures only for those we read about in the past?
I see where some are posting, “President’s Day is cancelled until we get one.” I mean like, really? Wouldn’t that maybe show dishonor to the previous president and all those before him?
So, now there is a choice between who to acknowledge and who not to? For there is no respect of persons with God.” (Romans 2:11 KJV)
- “But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.” (Psalm 75:7 KJV)
- And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:” (Daniel 2:21 KJV)
This is Elohim’s doing, no matter how you look at it. Because of our recklessness AND unwillingness to follow His principles, He has allowed this country, where we so proudly claim, “In God we Trust,” to go its own way instead of doing what is often quoted in 2 Chronicles 7:14,
- “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
There’s a significant word here, “Pray!” We (the Church, the Body of Christ) are to pray for our leaders.
- Pray for him, and not condemn him!
- Pray for him, and not disown him!
- Pray for him, and not degrade him!
- Pray for him, and not distribute negative posts on social media about him!
- Pray for him, and “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying (providing moral or intellectual instruction), that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29 KJV)
Even Paul made mention of this principle in Acts 23:5, “I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.” (pointing back to a law in Exodus 22:28)
And you wonder what in the world is going on? Things seem to be getting worse instead of better. Decision after decision is being made as if there is no sound counseling available. Elohim (God) has been left out of Washington and the Church is acting out of character doing nothing. Just like the Church did nothing when Prayer was legislated out of the schools: Engel v. Vitale (1962) and Abington School District v. Schempp (1963), and we are still feeling to results of that today!
I am not surprised at anything that is happening in our nation’s capital today. I do not get disgusted when I read online or see on television negative news about what the President did. We are fighting the wrong war. The Scriptures details who we (the Church, the Body of Christ) are up against:
- “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:12 KJV)
Donald Trump, President of the United States, is “Flesh and Blood.” You can’t help him or the country with the tactics that are being used. If we continue to fight the wrong war, we will continue to get results that are not favorable.
This is neither a statement of approval nor disapproval of the President, but one of concern about those are the Body of Christ who are not following the Head of the Church in His ways. We should stop trying to do it our way and start doing it the Kingdom of God’s way!” We are so quick to throw are weight around by quoting the Scriptures, but how many of us are willing to go the extra mile?
- “Judge not, that ye be not judged.” (Matthew 7:1 KJV)
- “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7 KJV)
You are Blessed!!!
© True Kingdom Ministries and www.true-kingdom.org, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without expressed and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to True Kingdom Ministries and www.true-kingdom.org with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
All scripture used is from the King James Version (KJV) Public Domain unless otherwise noted.